- Salmon (approximately a 1/2 lb. piece per person)
- Olive oil
- Salt (either Kosher or a good quality sea salt such as Maldon)
- Black pepper
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 3 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 cup of chicken stock
This quick, easy, and healthy recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. And the beautiful green color of the spinach cream sauce makes this dish festive enough for a dinner party (no one has to know that it takes less than half an hour to put it all together!).
Danielle Butler-Leu’s salmon with spinach cream sauce:
- Place one package of frozen chopped spinach in a medium saucepan.
- Add about 3 cloves of garlic, a cup of chicken (or veggie stock), some salt and pepper.
- Reduce over medium-high heat until there is no liquid in the pan.
- Use a food processor or immersion blender and add about a 1/2 cup of whole milk and 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Let it simmer until your salmon is ready.
- Bring a sauté pan to a high heat. When it is super hot, put in two pieces of salmon (about a half pound each) that have been oiled, salt and peppered.
- Sear them on each side until golden (2-3 minutes). When they are about medium-done (still a bit translucent in the middle), pull them off.
- Place a ladleful or two of the spinach cream sauce in the center of the dish, place the salmon on top, and garnish with some herbs or lemon if desired.